Lower back pain is one of the most uncomfortable. Whether it is caused from sitting in a bad posture, from practicing sports, or because your mattress is not as comfy as it once was, it is important to stretch the correct muscles to avoid prolonged pain.
The Spinal Twist stretch or T-Roll stretch helps relieve contraction in lower back muscles like abdominal oblique, transversus abdominis and quadratuslumborum.
This stretch should be done careful and slowly. Never force your knees to the ground to avoid overstretching.
- Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
- Slowly let your knees fall toward the floor until a gentle stretch is felt in your spine.
- Hold for 10 seconds and return to the starting position.
- Next, allow your knees to slowly fall to the other side until a gentle stretch is felt.
- Hold for 10 seconds and return to the starting position