Boost Your Immune System
With the change of season come several elements that may affect your body if your immune system is not working properly.
Disorders in the immune system can result in dangerous health conditions like infections that can be easily prevented by following a handful of tips to boost it:
- Exercise. It is the simplest way to keep your body moving and it costs nothing. Exercise helps strengthen your immune system and prevents overweight, another important factor in the development of chronic disease.
- Lower your intake of sugar and fat. Consuming too much sugar or fat suppresses the cells that fight bacteria. Instead, it is recommended you eat foods with high nutrient content like vegetables, fruit and whole grains.
- Reduce your stress. Even though short-term stress may boost the immune system, constant stress has the opposite effect and exposes the body to cortisol and adrenaline, which suppress the immune system proper functioning.
- Be social. Wether you interact with a small or large group of people, being in contact with others will help make your immune system much stronger.
- Eat antioxidants. A diet rich in vitamins and antioxidants will help fight infection. To get enough of this in your diet expert recommend eating an abundance of brightly colored fruits and vegetables, like berries, citrus fruits, kiwi, apples, red grapes, onions, spinach, sweet potatoes and carrots.
- Adequate rest. Simply put, fatigue increases your susceptibility to illness. Most adults need from 7 to 9 hours of sleep every night.
- Practice relaxation techniques. Laughing and meditation are the easiest way to reduce stress levels. Who wants to be on edge all the time?